SPRINGDALE- Arkansas Children's has named Michael Howard, BSN, MM, MSN, MHA, chief nursing officer (CNO) for Arkansas Children's Northwest (ACNW).
Howard comes to ACNW from the Children's Hospital of San Antonio, where he served as the director of pediatric emergency services.
Howard received a bachelor of Nursing from Waynesburg College in 1996. He went on to complete a master's in Management, a master's in Health Administration and a master's in Nursing from the University of Phoenix.
When it opens in January 2018, Arkansas Children's Northwest will be the region's first and only comprehensive pediatric healthcare center and will include:
• 24 inpatient beds to care for children requiring overnight stays
• 24-hour pediatric Emergency Department
• Pediatric surgery unit with five operating rooms
• An outpatient clinic with 30 exam rooms supporting more than 20 subspecialty areas and a general pediatric clinic
• A full range of ancillary and diagnostic services, child life and pastoral care
• And more.